bianca de vilar photography

  1. Omassim Souls is my new project. I´m a very nervous person and i realised i needed to learn how to breath again and moreover how to enjoy little pleasures such as sleeping eight hours and eat well. I decided for the first time to go to a yoga retreat, never had i done yoga. The experience was so soothing. I decided i needed to go back to my roots and used my old film camara Haselblad with expired 120mm film and the process of using film again, made me think of each photo taken. I met people from all walks of life, and each of them was there for a different reason. they all had a beauty in them that my project had a meaning. 

    I have been told by many people that the life I live is amazing and they are right! I get to travel and do what I love and experience different cultures! 60% of the time, it is a dream. The other 40% it is lonely and exhausting. Sometimes I cry, and by cry I mean sob: I miss my family, I miss my friends, I miss my bed, I miss stability, I miss having a real home, and building lasting relationships etc. I miss how easy it is to live a "normal" life where everything is predictable. Often, I think about giving up and going home. I tell myself I am not strong enough and I can't make it alone. Today I cried for three hours straight under a bridge in Budapest. I wanted to give up. I wanted to go to sleep and never wake up. This has been an all time low. After exhausting all my tears or rather running out of tissues and napkins, I decided to get back on my side. Today I realized the internal problems I am facing and have been facing are not a product of travel. These conflicts have been present in my life since long before I have wandered. I realized giving up and retreating to a less vulnerable situation can only mask my pain. No matter how far I travel or how far I run, I will always carry with me my insecurities and anxieties. The work starts here. Wherever I am right now. Open. Vulnerable. Honest. Letting things be just as they are. I don't have any solutions. I don't know where I am going from here. But I know I am and will be exactly where I am supposed to be. Jordan Califirnia Yoga teacher

    I have been told by many people that the life I live is amazing and they are right! I get to travel and do what I love and experience different cultures! 60% of the time, it is a dream. The other 40% it is lonely and exhausting. Sometimes I cry, and by cry I mean sob: I miss my family, I miss my friends, I miss my bed, I miss stability, I miss having a real home, and building lasting relationships etc. I miss how easy it is to live a "normal" life where everything is predictable. Often, I think about giving up and going home. I tell myself I am not strong enough and I can't make it alone. Today I cried for three hours straight under a bridge in Budapest. I wanted to give up. I wanted to go to sleep and never wake up. This has been an all time low. After exhausting all my tears or rather running out of tissues and napkins, I decided to get back on my side. Today I realized the internal problems I am facing and have been facing are not a product of travel. These conflicts have been present in my life since long before I have wandered. I realized giving up and retreating to a less vulnerable situation can only mask my pain. No matter how far I travel or how far I run, I will always carry with me my insecurities and anxieties. The work starts here. Wherever I am right now. Open. Vulnerable. Honest. Letting things be just as they are. I don't have any solutions. I don't know where I am going from here. But I know I am and will be exactly where I am supposed to be.

    Jordan

    Califirnia

    Yoga teacher

    Jet This picture is my happy place. Free of worries, free of doubts. When in need, I close my eyes and get there to recharge my batteries. It never fails. Dutch

    Jet

    This picture is my happy place. Free of worries, free of doubts. When in need, I close my eyes and get there to recharge my batteries. It never fails.

    Dutch

    I have been told by many people that the life I live is amazing and they are right! I get to travel and do what I love and experience different cultures! 60% of the time, it is a dream. The other 40% it is lonely and exhausting. Sometimes I cry, and by cry I mean sob: I miss my family, I miss my friends, I miss my bed, I miss stability, I miss having a real home, and building lasting relationships etc. I miss how easy it is to live a "normal" life where everything is predictable. Often, I think about giving up and going home. I tell myself I am not strong enough and I can't make it alone. Today I cried for three hours straight under a bridge in Budapest. I wanted to give up. I wanted to go to sleep and never wake up. This has been an all time low. After exhausting all my tears or rather running out of tissues and napkins, I decided to get back on my side. Today I realized the internal problems I am facing and have been facing are not a product of travel. These conflicts have been present in my life since long before I have wandered. I realized giving up and retreating to a less vulnerable situation can only mask my pain. No matter how far I travel or how far I run, I will always carry with me my insecurities and anxieties. The work starts here. Wherever I am right now. Open. Vulnerable. Honest. Letting things be just as they are. I don't have any solutions. I don't know where I am going from here. But I know I am and will be exactly where I am supposed to be. Jordan Califirnia Yoga teacher

    I have been told by many people that the life I live is amazing and they are right! I get to travel and do what I love and experience different cultures! 60% of the time, it is a dream. The other 40% it is lonely and exhausting. Sometimes I cry, and by cry I mean sob: I miss my family, I miss my friends, I miss my bed, I miss stability, I miss having a real home, and building lasting relationships etc. I miss how easy it is to live a "normal" life where everything is predictable. Often, I think about giving up and going home. I tell myself I am not strong enough and I can't make it alone. Today I cried for three hours straight under a bridge in Budapest. I wanted to give up. I wanted to go to sleep and never wake up. This has been an all time low. After exhausting all my tears or rather running out of tissues and napkins, I decided to get back on my side. Today I realized the internal problems I am facing and have been facing are not a product of travel. These conflicts have been present in my life since long before I have wandered. I realized giving up and retreating to a less vulnerable situation can only mask my pain. No matter how far I travel or how far I run, I will always carry with me my insecurities and anxieties. The work starts here. Wherever I am right now. Open. Vulnerable. Honest. Letting things be just as they are. I don't have any solutions. I don't know where I am going from here. But I know I am and will be exactly where I am supposed to be.

    Jordan

    Califirnia

    Yoga teacher

    Jet This picture is my happy place. Free of worries, free of doubts. When in need, I close my eyes and get there to recharge my batteries. It never fails. Dutch

    Jet

    This picture is my happy place. Free of worries, free of doubts. When in need, I close my eyes and get there to recharge my batteries. It never fails.

    Dutch

    I had a really really busy summer because I work on a huge project that is a festival. I was managing the bar, the security and other stuff. I think I realized that I didn't want to work that much and that stress isn't for me. I also had a really big breakup so yeah, I had to get out of the life I had. I did yoga for a couple of years now and I wanted to start my 2 months travelling by something really peaceful and quiet. I went to Omassim and love it so much that I stayed for 2 weeks. I was just perfect because the food was amazing, the sleep and the yoga and surf just made me reboot completely. Also, I had time to think and draw and meditate.  I think my experience in Omassim is the most beautiful part of my 2 months trips. I learned so much about what I wanted in life. I realized I didn't want to live in a big city and the being close to the ocean was really important for me. Also, I love how everything can be slow and i learned to take the time to enjoy things without being rushed. It definitely helped me to accept to do less things but to enjoy them more and do them entirely.  Audréane Canada waitress

    I had a really really busy summer because I work on a huge project that is a festival. I was managing the bar, the security and other stuff. I think I realized that I didn't want to work that much and that stress isn't for me. I also had a really big breakup so yeah, I had to get out of the life I had. I did yoga for a couple of years now and I wanted to start my 2 months travelling by something really peaceful and quiet. I went to Omassim and love it so much that I stayed for 2 weeks. I was just perfect because the food was amazing, the sleep and the yoga and surf just made me reboot completely. Also, I had time to think and draw and meditate. 

    I think my experience in Omassim is the most beautiful part of my 2 months trips. I learned so much about what I wanted in life. I realized I didn't want to live in a big city and the being close to the ocean was really important for me. Also, I love how everything can be slow and i learned to take the time to enjoy things without being rushed. It definitely helped me to accept to do less things but to enjoy them more and do them entirely. 

    Audréane

    Canada

    waitress

    It's our second time at Omassim. So I knew we would finde a lovely place where you feel at home abroad, run by wonderful people, with great food, inspiring yoga lessons and some surf. I was looking for a little break, nothing spectacular, just relaxing and focussing on what was happening just at that time. When we came here for the first time in spring, we had just had a sad experience as well as some troubles with moving etc., and at Omassim we found the little escape we were probably looking for - focussing on essentials like eating well, sleeping, feeling your body while doing yoga and surf and meanwhile focussing on the moment. I really enjoyed it again - just being there, focusing on essentials, meeting inspiring and very different people, being able to let go in a way, doing the yoga and trying the surf. Probably the experience helps to become more grounded. And I guess it was (again) a lesson in understanding that it's just stupid to jump to conclusions about people etc. Plus: I like what you eat and how you have your meals at Omassim and took a bit of that home. Anke & Mattias Germany public relations officer / pediatrician
    It's our second time at Omassim. So I knew we would finde a lovely place where you feel at home abroad, run by wonderful people, with great food, inspiring yoga lessons and some surf. I was looking for a little break, nothing spectacular, just relaxing and focussing on what was happening just at that time.
    When we came here for the first time in spring, we had just had a sad experience as well as some troubles with moving etc., and at Omassim we found the little escape we were probably looking for - focussing on essentials like eating well, sleeping, feeling your body while doing yoga and surf and meanwhile focussing on the moment.
    I really enjoyed it again - just being there, focusing on essentials, meeting inspiring and very different people, being able to let go in a way, doing the yoga and trying the surf. Probably the experience helps to become more grounded. And I guess it was (again) a lesson in understanding that it's just stupid to jump to conclusions about people etc. Plus: I like what you eat and how you have your meals at Omassim and took a bit of that home.
    Anke & Mattias
    Germany
    public relations officer / pediatrician
    I was looking for a surf and yoga camp near lisbon. I liked the sympathic presentation, vegetarian food, the pics of the hosts and surf crew. Rio enjoyed surfing, drawing, playing with the dogs, the coast and the ocean and have been very relaxed He was very proud about his surf experience and he liked the friendly atmosphäre in the guesthouse and between the guests, the peace and the space and the adventure during our walks along the coast.   Ulrika & Rio mother and son Germany medical assistant
    I was looking for a surf and yoga camp near lisbon. I liked the sympathic presentation, vegetarian food, the pics of the hosts and surf crew.
    Rio enjoyed surfing, drawing, playing with the dogs, the coast and the ocean and have been very relaxed
    He was very proud about his surf experience and he liked the friendly atmosphäre in the guesthouse and between the guests, the peace and the space and the adventure during our walks along the coast.
     
    Ulrika & Rio
    mother and son
    Germany
    medical assistant
    Jess & Phillip South Africa & Australia Primary teacher

    Jess & Phillip

    South Africa & Australia

    Primary teacher

    Paola  Italy Artist

    Paola 

    Italy

    Artist

    Sonny  Asutralia

    Sonny 

    Asutralia

    Isabel Portugal Chef / photographer

    Isabel

    Portugal

    Chef / photographer

    Kea German / french Travel researcher

    Kea

    German / french

    Travel researcher

    Tania & Karla Mother and daughter German

    Tania & Karla

    Mother and daughter

    German

    Ivana  Italian

    Ivana 

    Italian

    laura england mother

    laura

    england

    mother

    Kasia  Poland Volunteer

    Kasia 

    Poland

    Volunteer

    manolo Portugal

    manolo

    Portugal

    myself spanish / belguim photographer

    myself

    spanish / belguim

    photographer

    Lia & Eduardo German & portuguese Yoga teacher / chef

    Lia & Eduardo

    German & portuguese

    Yoga teacher / chef

    • 1

      I have been told by many people that the life I live is amazing and they are right! I get to travel and do what I love and experience different cultures! 60% of the time, it is a dream. The other 40% it is lonely and exhausting. Sometimes I cry, and by cry I mean sob: I miss my family, I miss my friends, I miss my bed, I miss stability, I miss having a real home, and building lasting relationships etc. I miss how easy it is to live a "normal" life where everything is predictable. Often, I think about giving up and going home. I tell myself I am not strong enough and I can't make it alone. Today I cried for three hours straight under a bridge in Budapest. I wanted to give up. I wanted to go to sleep and never wake up. This has been an all time low. After exhausting all my tears or rather running out of tissues and napkins, I decided to get back on my side. Today I realized the internal problems I am facing and have been facing are not a product of travel. These conflicts have been present in my life since long before I have wandered. I realized giving up and retreating to a less vulnerable situation can only mask my pain. No matter how far I travel or how far I run, I will always carry with me my insecurities and anxieties. The work starts here. Wherever I am right now. Open. Vulnerable. Honest. Letting things be just as they are. I don't have any solutions. I don't know where I am going from here. But I know I am and will be exactly where I am supposed to be.

      Jordan

      Califirnia

      Yoga teacher

    • 2
    • 3

      Jet

      This picture is my happy place. Free of worries, free of doubts. When in need, I close my eyes and get there to recharge my batteries. It never fails.

      Dutch

    • 4
    • 5
    • 6

      I had a really really busy summer because I work on a huge project that is a festival. I was managing the bar, the security and other stuff. I think I realized that I didn't want to work that much and that stress isn't for me. I also had a really big breakup so yeah, I had to get out of the life I had. I did yoga for a couple of years now and I wanted to start my 2 months travelling by something really peaceful and quiet. I went to Omassim and love it so much that I stayed for 2 weeks. I was just perfect because the food was amazing, the sleep and the yoga and surf just made me reboot completely. Also, I had time to think and draw and meditate. 

      I think my experience in Omassim is the most beautiful part of my 2 months trips. I learned so much about what I wanted in life. I realized I didn't want to live in a big city and the being close to the ocean was really important for me. Also, I love how everything can be slow and i learned to take the time to enjoy things without being rushed. It definitely helped me to accept to do less things but to enjoy them more and do them entirely. 

      Audréane

      Canada

      waitress

    • 7
    • 8
    • 9
      It's our second time at Omassim. So I knew we would finde a lovely place where you feel at home abroad, run by wonderful people, with great food, inspiring yoga lessons and some surf. I was looking for a little break, nothing spectacular, just relaxing and focussing on what was happening just at that time.
      When we came here for the first time in spring, we had just had a sad experience as well as some troubles with moving etc., and at Omassim we found the little escape we were probably looking for - focussing on essentials like eating well, sleeping, feeling your body while doing yoga and surf and meanwhile focussing on the moment.
      I really enjoyed it again - just being there, focusing on essentials, meeting inspiring and very different people, being able to let go in a way, doing the yoga and trying the surf. Probably the experience helps to become more grounded. And I guess it was (again) a lesson in understanding that it's just stupid to jump to conclusions about people etc. Plus: I like what you eat and how you have your meals at Omassim and took a bit of that home.
      Anke & Mattias
      Germany
      public relations officer / pediatrician
    • 10
      I was looking for a surf and yoga camp near lisbon. I liked the sympathic presentation, vegetarian food, the pics of the hosts and surf crew.
      Rio enjoyed surfing, drawing, playing with the dogs, the coast and the ocean and have been very relaxed
      He was very proud about his surf experience and he liked the friendly atmosphäre in the guesthouse and between the guests, the peace and the space and the adventure during our walks along the coast.
       
      Ulrika & Rio
      mother and son
      Germany
      medical assistant
    • 11
    • 12

      Jess & Phillip

      South Africa & Australia

      Primary teacher

    • 13

      Paola 

      Italy

      Artist

    • 14
    • 15
    • 16

      Sonny 

      Asutralia

    • 17
    • 18

      Isabel

      Portugal

      Chef / photographer

    • 19
    • 20

      Kea

      German / french

      Travel researcher

    • 21
    • 22

      Tania & Karla

      Mother and daughter

      German

    • 23
    • 24

      Ivana 

      Italian

    • 25

      laura

      england

      mother

    • 26

      Kasia 

      Poland

      Volunteer

    • 27

      manolo

      Portugal

    • 28

      myself

      spanish / belguim

      photographer

    • 29

      Lia & Eduardo

      German & portuguese

      Yoga teacher / chef

    • 30

bianca de vilar ©

Built with Berta.me
<script>
window.addEvent('domready', function() {
document.body.addEvent('contextmenu',function(e) {
e.stop();
});
});
</script>